How To Swim

Swimming is really quite simple its all about floating, of course unless you want to be a racer. But I am going to teach you how to keep yourself comfortable in the water. The first thing is practice kicking your legs. Try floating on your back or holding on to the side of the pool, you can practice kicking these places. See how far each kick can push you practice kicking for the first time using a kick board to keep afloat. This allows you to focus on your kicking technique without worrying about keeping your head above drowning.

Use your arms to come up from the bottom. If you’re below water and would like to come up, use your arms to push yourself forward. Put them straight up above your head, and quickly bring them down to your sides. This should push you up a few feet. Repeat until you break the surface of the water. Dives is a fun way to get into the water and start a stroke. Also it shows that you are a better and have been swimming then u actually have. Start with a basic dive, and move on to more complicated swan dive, back dive, and rolling dive.

Try a freestyle, Floating on your stomach start to kick with your legs and use your arms to move forward. Bring one arm out of the water so that it’s reaching forward, then bring it back down and use your cupped hand to move the water behind you. Make sure that you are switching your arms. To breathe, turn your head to one side under the arm that’s currently reaching forward lift to arm enough for you to take a breath. Take a breath under the same arm each time, so that you’re breathing once every three strokes but of that is not enough air for you than you may breathe every other stroke.

2 thoughts on “How To Swim”

1. I love swimming. I learned how to swim when I was four. My favorite stroke is the breast stroke because I think is the easiest. I used to be on the school swim team but I didn’t really like it. Now I just like to swim for fun. I liked how you explained exactly how to do it. I think that if anyone is trying to learn how to swim they should look at this post. I really liked this post.

2. This is very helpful because you know I don’t swim. If I use these techniques when I go swimming, then I’ll be good at swimming. I can’t wait for the summer to go swimming and try this. I like how you put detail into this post becasue it feels like I’m actually seeing someone doing the techniques.